Ava-335: DoS of Ava Aware via API
2nd December 2020.
An Ava Aware user without permissions to view alarms could perform a denial-of-service attack by repeatedly using an API that would cause Ava Aware to restart.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable Upgrade Channel versions before 3.2.3.
- All Beta Upgrade Channel versions before 3.2.3.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable Upgrade Channel versions after and including 3.2.3.
- All Beta Upgrade Channel versions after and including 3.2.3.
- Ava Cameras: All versions
- Ava Cloud: All versions
This issue has been fixed in Ava Aware Beta upgrade channel version 3.2.3 and Stable upgrade channel version 3.2.3.
We recommend that all installations running an affected version upgrade to the latest release as soon as possible. Releases are available to download through the Ava Aware User Interface.
- CVE: Pending
- CVSSv3 score: 6.5 (Medium)
- CVSSv3 vector: 3.1#CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
There are no known mitigations for this issue.
The work around to this issue is to give all Ava Aware users permissions to view alarms in at least one device group or device site.
Issue found internally by Ava Security.
- 27/11/2020 Issue found internally by Ava Security
- 27/11/2020 Root cause established
- 27/11/2020 Fix identified
- 02/12/2020 Patched Ava Aware (Beta upgrade channel) released
- 02/12/2020 Patched Ava Aware (Stable upgrade channel) released
- 02/12/2020 Vulnerability publicly disclosed